I'm actually nestled in a non-profit coffee shop here in Siem Reap by the name of Common Ground to create this newsletter.
This November trip was in addition to our yearly January volun-tour sojourn where many of you have joined me in service to Khmer Child Foundation and the surrounding villages.
With steady growth comes the need for new and improved systems. The reason for this visit was to address the topic of sustainability for the future years of our school (Future Khmer Child) and do whatever we can to establish exemplary systems for outstanding education and life-skills support.
I'm humbled by the support of Bill Taylor from SE Asia Children's Foundation who came on his own resources to facilitate a strategic planning for our teachers. Along with
Bill was the ever devoted Victoria Lafortune who has loved and embraced this initiative since her first visit four years ago.
Between the three of us, we worked with our Cambodian faculty in creating dynamic goals and a refined mission statement which is revealed below.
I invite you to consider becoming an angel patron by pledging through our monthly consistent giving.
So far, our angel patrons contribute 70% of our monthly operational cost. Our budget goal for 2015 will be $48,000 that's $4,000 per month to educate more than 200 children monthly. These dollars will help us
- increase our IT technology teaching staff
- assist each faculty member in continuing English education
- keep our daily educational classes for 218 registered students absolutely free
- expand English classes to our new Australian sponsored classroom in the village of Nokor Krau which now has 180 new registered students
- sponsor quarterly health exams by visiting medical teams
Any amount is welcome and you can set this up on our site through our Paypal Donation button.